Review of SafeSend
SafeSend™ is a Client Portal, secure file transfer and E-Signature solution designed for tax and accounting firms.
Tax and accounting firms experiencing low adoption rates with their existing Client Portal, or looking for a Client Portal alternative. Firms who want to use a range of tools to automate the preparation and secure transmission of documents to and from third parties. Firms looking to use E-Signatures.
- Outlook add-in allows users to securely transmit small files via e-mail as embedded attachments in password-protected PDF files. Large files can be delivered from within Outlook to an included secure portal where the recipient can download over an encrypted channel.
- Common document processing steps like converting Microsoft Office files to PDF, embedding watermarks in PDF files, file encryption, and e-mail preparation are handled by an Outlook add-in.
- Large files can be prepared in Outlook and then made available to users over a secure portal.
- Optional SignatureFlow® service allows users to receive electronically signed forms like engagement letters and some routine forms.
Brief Product Description and Pricing
SafeSend™ is the secure collaboration solution from cPaperless, a company familiar to many users because of its popular TicTie Calculate™ add-in used to create workpaper annotations in Adobe Acrobat. SafeSend™ is designed to provide three methods of securely transmitting documents to and from outside parties, including:
- Attaching files as items embedded in an encrypted PDF file which is attached to e-mail
- A traditional portal for exchanging large files securely
- A secure, anonymous “dropbox” where clients can upload data for a staff member without logging into the portal.
The product utilizes an add-in for Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010 which automates file preparation, uploads large files to a portal, and uses the secure password assigned to the recipient to encrypt the PDF file container. This add-in also provides automated features not available in other products, including automatic conversion of files to PDF, automated insertion of a “watermark” in the resulting file, and integration with the SignatureFlow® E-signature technology. This automation can save 7-10 minutes each time a file is transmitted.
Passwords required to open files created with SignatureFlow® can be created by the Firm, set to use a standard password convention (i.e. last four digits of a social security number or other), or created by the end user on the SafeSend™ secure portal. Once the files are opened with this password, users can immediately extract unencrypted versions of the attached documents. (e.g. The embedded files such as tax returns and confidential documents will not require a password to open in the future after they are extracted from the large, encrypted archive.)
SafeSend™ is an interesting product which takes a slightly different approach to the issue of securely transmitting data to outside parties. While it includes a traditional portal, the most interesting part of the tool is its automation of file preparation and its integration with the SignatureFlow® E-Signature platform. Users who are looking for a secure file transfer solution which provides a traditional portal as well as other viable solutions and process automation should evaluate this product.
Plans start at $250 per user, per year (limited to 30 day storage) or $350 per user, per year (unlimited storage), with discounts for multiple users. Portal plans include unlimited clients, bandwidth, data transfer, and storage. E-Signatures start at $2.25 per document, and volume discounts are available.
- Microsoft Outlook: Outlook 2007, 2010 or 2013 is required
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Microsoft .Net Framework: 2.0 or higher
- Internet Connection: Required
- Citrix and Terminal Server compatible
Integration with Accounting and Ease of Use
SafeSend™ can be used with any tax program or document management system. Most clients are trained at their leisure through a complete library of Online Training Videos. Individual trainings are included for larger firms (6+).
Representative Client List (where applicable)
SafeSend™ is used by firms of any size. Clients range from sole practitioners to top 100 accounting firms. Please contact cPaperless, LLC for client references.
Company History and Contact Information
cPaperless, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in Dallas, TX. They were founded in 2008 and have since accumulated a client base of over 2,500 tax and accounting firms and over 20,000 licensed users of their products.
Information and Sales: sales@cPaperless.com or (800) 716-2558 x 100
Free Trial of SafeSend™: Download Now!